Tagliatelle with Prosciutto and Orange
- 12 oz. egg tagliatelle or fettuccine (350 g)
- 2 tbsp. butter or olive oil
- 2 oz. thinly sliced proscuitto, torn into 1” pieces, or sliced bacon
- zest and juice of 1 orange
- 1/2 c. whipping cream or half-and-half
- freshly ground pepper
- 1/4 c. grated Parmesan
- optional extra: dried chanterelles, rehydrated for 10 mins in boiling water
Bring a large pot of water to boil. Season with salt, add pasta and cook al dente. Drain, reserving 1/4 c. pasta water.
Meanwhile, saute prosciutto/bacon in olive oil or butter until browned, about 3 mins.
Add reserved pasta water, orange juice, half of the zest and cream to the bacon pan and bring to boil. Add pasta and cook until sauce coats pasta. You can add a little flour if you need to thicken it up. Season with salt and pepper and stir in cheese.