Quick-Roasted Cauliflower with Zesty Orange-Olive Dressing
- 1 lb. / 455 g. cauliflower florets, about 1 1/2 in. long with one flat side (from 1 small head)
- 3 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 large clove of garlic, smashed and pelled
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. finely grated orange zest
- 3 finely chopped pitted kalamata olives (optional)
- 1 tsp. red-wine vinegar
- 1/8 tsp. sugar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. fresh parsley
Toss the cauliflower florets with olive oil and salt, and arrange cut side down on a baking sheet, lined with parchment paper. Roast in a 475 oven until the sides begin to brown, about twenty minutes.
To make the orange-olive dressing, warm the garlic in the olive oil in a small saucepan until very fragrant, about five minutes. Your goal is to flavor the oil, not to brown the garlic. Remove the garlic and stir in the red pepper, zest, and olives. Remove the pan from heat, and stir in the remaining dressing ingredients.
Pour the dressing over the slightly cooled cauliflower in a bowl, and stir gently.